Saturday, January 07, 2006

Walking on the beach on foggy evening...

Yes, after a week of sojourning among the Floridans, I am back in sad, sorry, really cold, dreary Ohio. Because of this wonderful journey and the contemplative thoughts I contemplated, I have come to several conclusions.

1. Eating out every day puts a slight strain on the whole wallet thing.

2. Florida is only slightly less wonderful than Brasil.

3. It IS possible for me to get a tan, albeit a very small one.

4. It doesn't matter where you are as long as you're making happy memories.

5. I LOVE Spanish moss.

Now a few thoughts on the New Year. What is it about January 1st that just convinces you that somehow everything is wiped clean and you really will keep all those promises. You WILL keep that devotional program, you WILL stick to that diet. It's a powerful thing, this concept of the New Year. It deludes us all, myself included. But yet we do the same thing every year, making promises to ourselves with a mystifying hope that THIS will be the year that we keep them. Hope springs eternal. You know what that means? It means we're all suckers for fuzzy feelings of improvement. Thank God that He made us with the ability to hope. I think if we truly realized the entire scope of our predicament, there would be trouble. All I have to say is that although my idealistic ideas aren't practical in the least, I'm going to hold onto them anyway. I will continue to hold on to the idea of true unconditional love, of self-sacrifice, of destiny, if only for the sake of the dream.

2 Comments:

At 30/1/06 10:45 PM, Blogger Nic Miller said...

Annie, what is Hi5 all about? I think it's SOO dumb! For CRYING OUT LOUD all these stupid portugese and romanian girls do is HIT ON ME, acting like they don't believe it's my photo in my profile. They can't even speak english properly! Grr...

 
At 20/2/07 11:54 PM, Blogger Andy said...

When do I leave for Brasil? I leave today. Being that I just arrived in Las Vegas, scribing a complete circle. And now on to Miami, then Sao Paulo, and lastly Recife to relax. Yesh!
--Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home